To ensure that all of our Labradors receive the permanent homes they deserve, we evaluate both our rescue Labs and our adoptive homes carefully. Please see our surrender process.
- Purebred Labs. Although we do not require American Kennel Club (AKC) paperwork, we do not accept mixed breeds. If your Lab is not a purebred, please contact North East All Retriever Rescue.
- Labs from Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont only. If you live outside this area, please see The Labrador Retriever Club for a list of rescue groups that can help.
- Labs that are under 10 years old.
- Labs that have not been spayed/neutered or kept up-to-date on vaccines and heartworm testing. (LRR will provide veterinary care for your Lab.) Of course, we also take Labs that have had such care.
- Labs with no history of aggressive behavior toward people or other animals. We do not accept any Lab with a history of biting or aggression toward people or other animals.
Labrador Retriever Rescue reserves the right to refuse any Lab into our program.